What is I Want This?
By 215 Apps
What is it?
I Want This from 215 Apps (Amazing Apps) installs a web browser extension (Internet Explorer Browser Helper Object) to view web pages loaded and looks for affiliated merchants in order to possibly provide better pricing or alternative deals on a given product or merchant. Basically if I Want This (215 Apps) has a pre-arranged affiliate relationship with a similar merchant it will alert you when you visit through your web browser.
Why should I uninstall I Want This?
I Want This is an adware type program that has causes serious performance issues to your PC by installing a number of plug-ins and add-ins to your web browser and Windows. It injects ads directly by modifying web pages based on your surfing habits.
Description from 215 Apps
“When you use the Plugin Service, we may collect information about the websites you visit and the advertisements that you see on those websites, the searches you perform using search engines, the ways in which you use various Plugin Service features (including whether the Plugin Service is still installed on your computer), and the pages you view (especially social media pages). For example, the Plugin Service may collect information about page views, impressions and clicks, as well as similar web usage information. For every webpage you view while using the Plugin Service, the Plugin Service software transmits and stores information associated with your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which may include a domain name, the full URL of the webpage you are visiting, general information about your browser; general information about your computer’s operating system; your Licensor cookie number or other identifying alphanumerical information enabling Licensor to identify your computer; and the date and time the above information is logged. All of this above information may be logged together in a single data string for each webpage you visit. Each string is logged in our database in the chronological order received from our users. In addition, the Plugin Services may collect information about what cookies are stored on your computer, which enables Licensor to determine which websites you have visited in the past.Although this information may contain some personal identifying information, Licensor does not use it to determine the identity of individual users or correlate it to your email address or other personal identifying information that you give us or our affiliates, except as required by subpoenas, court orders, investigations or other legal requirements. When you download the Plugin Service software, and at times during your use of the Site and/or Plugin Service, we may transmit Licensor cookies to the hard drive of your computer. The Plugin Service also automatically collects information about the online advertisements that are displayed on the websites you visit – specifically, the text, source, and URL of the online ad – and the terms you choose when you use search engines to search the Web. Licensor also may periodically collect usage statistics from Plugin Service users that describe the frequency of use of each Plugin Service feature.”
Other programs by 215 Apps
- Savings Sidekick
- Deals Plugin
- Giant Savings
- Coupon Companion
- Coupon Companion Plugin
- Giant Savings Extension
- Savings Explorer
- Vid-Saver Extension
About 215 Apps
215 Apps developes a number of adware driven toolbar programs such as DropinSavings, Vid-Saver, Giant Savings, Savings Sidekick, etc., simply referred to as the plugin. The plugin will displaying relevant coupons, deals, and special offers. When you visit a website of a merchant or affiliate store that participates in the coupon program, the plugin is designed to recognize the website to determine whether there are coupons, deals, or special offers available. If there are applicable coupons, deals, or special offers available, it will make all reasonable business efforts to display an alert with the coupons, unless the website has opted out. You may then click on the alert displayed to see all specific coupons, deals, and special offers found as you browse the website. When the plugin recognizes that the end user has visited a partner site it will show all available offers for that partner in a slider visible in the top right hand portion of the browser. Clicking on any of the offers within the slider will result in a redirect that will drop affiliate cookies on to the end user computer and resolve the end user to the advertiser page/offer. More about 215 Apps...
215 Apps web site: 215apps.com
Files installed by 215 Apps
- deal vault.dll (Deal Vault by Excellent Apps)
- deal vault-bg.exe (Deal Vault by Excellent Apps)
- solid savings.dll (Solid Savings by Innovative Apps)
- deal spy.dll (Deal Spy by Innovative Apps)
- coupon caddy.dll (Coupon Caddy by Excellent Apps)
- supreme savings-bg.exe (Supreme Savings by Innovative Apps)
- supreme savings.dll (Supreme Savings by Excellent Apps)
- discount buddy.dll (Discount Buddy by Excellent Apps)
- updater26766.exe (Discount Buddy by Excellent Apps)
- updater19962.exe (Supreme Savings by Innovative Apps)
- supreme savings.dll (Supreme Savings by Innovative Apps)
- deals plugin extension.exe (Deals Plugin Extension by 215 Apps)
- deals plugin extension.dll (Deals Plugin Extension by 215 Apps)
- shopping sidekick.dll (Shopping Sidekick by Amazing Apps)
- coupon companion plugin.dll (Coupon Companion Plugin by 215 Apps)
- shopping sidekick plugin.dll (Shopping Sidekick Plugin by 215 Apps)
- shopping sidekick plugin-bg.exe (Shopping Sidekick Plugin by 215 Apps)
- rewardsarcadesuite.dll (RewardsArcade Suite by 215 Apps)
- i want this.dll (I Want This by Amazing Apps)
- vid-saver.dll (Vid-Saver by Amazing Apps)
- coupon caddy.dll (Coupon Caddy by Awesome Apps)
- savings sidekick-bg.exe (Savings Sidekick by Awesome Apps)
- coupon companion.dll (Coupon Companion by Awesome Apps)
- coupon companion-bg.exe (Coupon Companion by Awesome Apps)
- savings sidekick.dll (Savings Sidekick by Awesome Apps)
- savingsapp.dll (SavingsApp by Awesome Apps)
- savingsapp-bg.exe (SavingsApp by Awesome Apps)
- giant savings.dll (Giant Savings by Awesome Apps)
- giant savings-bg.exe (Giant Savings by Awesome Apps)
- coupondropdown.dll (CouponDropDown by Awesome Apps)
- vidsaver.exe (Vid-Saver by Friendly Apps)
- vid-saver.dll (Vid-Saver by Awesome Apps)
- vid-saver-bg.exe (Vid-Saver by Awesome Apps)
- coupon companion.dll (Coupon Companion by Amazing Apps)
- savingsapp.dll (SavingsApp by Friendly Apps)
- savingsapp-bg.exe (SavingsApp by Friendly Apps)
- vid-saver.dll (Vid-Saver by Friendly Apps)
- vid-saver-bg.exe (Vid-Saver by Friendly Apps)
- savingsapp.dll (SavingsApp by Amazing Apps)
- giant savings.dll (Giant Savings by Friendly Apps)
215 Apps policies
The following can be found in 215 Apps's privacy policies and terms of service:
“The Plugin may be bundled with, or require the installation of, third-party software, such as but not limited search engine toolbars. Such bundling en”
How to Automatically Uninstall I Want This (with Boost)
If you you do not have Boost installed yet, download Boost and enjoy your PC.
Open Boost by either double-clicking the Boost icon in your notification area next to your PC's clock, or single-clicking the Boost icon and clicking the Open Boost button on the top left of the Boost notification window.
If you are not currently on the My PC screen of the main Boost window, click the My PC tab.
Click the Optimize programs button , this will launch the Program Optimization screen.
Locate the program in the list called I Want This by 215 Apps. (The program could be listed under any of the section such as Uninstall Recommended, Possible Uninstall, etc. based on how well I Want This performs on your PC.)
To the right of the list item, click the Uninstall button and Boost will completely remove I Want This from your PC.
How to Manually Uninstall I Want This (with Windows)
Use Add/Remove Programs control panel in Windows makes to uninstall I Want This. Follow the appropriate instructions below to use this control panel.
From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
In Large or Small icon view, click Programs and Features. If you're using Category view, under "Programs", click Uninstall a program.
Select I Want This from the list of programs, and click Uninstall. Alternatively, right-click the program and select Uninstall.
From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
In Classic View, double-click Programs and Features. In Control Panel Home view, under "Programs", click Uninstall a program.
Select I Want This from the program list, and click Uninstall. Alternatively, right-click the program and select Uninstall.
From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
Click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
Select I Want This from the list of programs and click Remove.